Job Summary: Responsible for working with the General Manager in the oversight of one Café location, including catering, pantries and all revenue outlets. Manage all operations, employee training and development and client/customer relationship. Act as a support system to all staff and management to achieve common goals set by FFT and the client.
- 2+ years in Food Service Management preferred
- State of Illinois and Chicago Food Service Sanitation Certificate required
- Knowledge of managing financials
- Knowledge of P&L impact and basic accounting practices
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation
- Proficiency in professional business communications
- Excellent client relations and leadership skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to work in face-paced, high-volume environments
- Experience in team building and development
- Financial expertise in managing Food, Labor and Direct costs
- Budget development, forecasting and financial and accountability
- Assist in managing the Chef and hold accountable for food cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- Maintain Food For Thought’s high standards with customer service and exceeding our client’s expectations
- Act as the FFT liaison with the client
- Manage and maintain all SOP standards
- Manage and maintain all HACCP standards
- Manage Chef and oversee all menus
- Manage all menu signage and marketing
- Work in conjunction with the Chef to roll out all new culinary programs in conjunction with FFT marketing and culinary strategies quarterly
- Work in conjunction with the Chef to anticipate trends and roll out new concepts and ideas
- Consistently thrive to introduce new and exciting concepts to keep the account fresh and exciting
- Continually measure customer satisfaction levels through feedback and resolve any issues immediately
- Identify and groom next level personnel to grow with company. Develop career paths including training schedules and timeframes with General Manger
- Manage team accountability with 30/60/90 & annual goals
- Other duties as required or assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer: Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Food For Thought are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender
expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statuses.
Food For Thought is widely recognized among the areas elite off premise catering and food service management companies. For more than 30 years, our commitment to excellent service, innovative cuisine and contemporary presentation has won the admiration of both our clients and peers. Our recipe for success is simple; we consistently provide delicious food and gracious hospitality.
Role: Assistant General Manager
Apply for this job now.