Company: SUNRISE WINDOWS & DOORS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Performs semi-skilled and skilled mechanical and electrical repair/installation (e.g., fixtures, valves, tooling, relays, and plc adjustments) & assists in skilled electrical & mechanical repair &/or installation.
- Performs semi-skilled & skilled repair or replacement on doors, walls, facilities structures, and assists skilled trades persons with more complex or large-scale projects.
- Performs moderate steel fabrication and wood carpentry.
- Performs minor janitorial work as needed, e.g., over-filled toilet cleanup, change trash bags, snow removal, etc.
- Gives work instruction to Maintenance Helpers. May provide input regarding job performance to Maintenance and Facility Manager.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties and TPM activities.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities. May take on special projects as a result of Kaizen events.
- Stocking or inventory of parts as well as communicates with vendors.
This position requires physical work wherein the worker is active for the entire shift and exerts periodic heavy physical effort. The physical nature of the work mandates that the dexterous and skillful use of hands and the ability to work on knees or back periodically. The ability to climb ladders, work in a man-lift or tight spaces and lift up to 80 pounds periodically are required.
Requirements & Qualifications
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required and proficiency with basic Math and Writing Skills
- Minimum of 2 years knowledge and experience in basic electrical wiring, mechanical and plumbing repair is
required. Additional experience is preferred.
- Proficiency using both power and hand tools required
- Formal training in welding, electrical, or mechanical systems preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the company’s insurance carrier
- Must have a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows and be comfortable working with computers
- Must pass Sunrise forklift training & man lift operator training
Competencies - must be able to demonstrate the following:
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Oral and Written Communication – Speaks clearly in positive or negative situations; listens and clarifies; Writes in a clear and organized manner; able to carry out both written and oral instructions.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Demonstrates the ability to work both independently and in teams
Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks