Who we are - TAI
Tindall Associates, Inc., known as TAI (pronounced as T.A.I.), was founded in the mid-1970s and later incorporated as a privately held 'C' Corporation. The initial business was general insurance consulting.
Today, TAI is the market leader in life reinsurance systems in North America with clients in the United States, Bermuda, the Caribbean, and Hong Kong. TAI is focused on simplifying life reinsurance administration through software and services. TAI software automates reinsurance administration for life insurance companies and TAI services identifies and solves areas of reinsurance risk that are impacting the bottom line.
Reinsurance is a global business, and TAI's base system is flexible and can be customized to meet the needs of these new markets. TAI offers a complete software solution for life companies to self-report all their reinsurance information; assumed, ceded, or retroceded in an electronic format to share with their partners on a cost-effective basis.
TAI was previously a subsidiary company of LOGiQ³. In early 2018, LOGiQ³ was acquired by RGAX, making TAI a portfolio company of RGAX. RGAX is the transformation engine and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA). A Fortune 500 company, RGA is among the leading global providers of life reinsurance and financial solutions.
The Consultant is primarily responsible for supporting various client projects at TAI. This role will work very closely with the Senior Consultants and other team members to ensure high-quality delivery of services to TAI's clients. While projects will vary from client to client, they typically involve reviewing a system or process in order to identify deficiencies and propose improvements. At times projects may also involve assisting with or augmenting a client's ability to execute an existing business process on a temporary basis. As a member of the consulting team, this position will ensure TAI has a firm grasp of a client's business requirements and delivers services in a timely and controlled manner. While this role will be primarily focused on external consulting engagements, this role also supports internal projects to achieve better operational efficiency where possible without sacrificing quality.
- Plan, organize, and execute assigned business projects on behalf of clients and according to client's requirements
- Identify and meet with key stakeholders and SMEs when needed to perform initial and ongoing assessments to establish project risks, timelines, and deliverables
- Collect information about the client's business through a variety of methods (shadowing, interviews, surveys, reading reports, etc.)
- Analyze and interpret data to unearth operational inefficiencies and issues, and identify the causes
- Reviewing and analyzing complex reinsurance arrangements and processes
- Reviewing reinsurance systems or databases for data quality and compliance
- Gathering business requirements, developing test plans, executing testing, and documenting results
- Formulate recommendations and solutions with attention to a client's needs, capabilities, and limitations
- Present findings and suggestions to clients with ample justification and practical advice
- Provide guidance for any occurring problems and issues
- Integrate new outsourcing clients/blocks of business into TAI's administrative platform.
- Support other TAI business partners as necessary.
- Collaborate with colleagues and the leadership team to ensure delivery of best-in-class services to TAI's clients regarding timeliness, quality, accuracy, and value.
- College or University Degree.
- Proven knowledge of insurance and accounting concepts
- 5+ years of experience in a reinsurance analyst or accounting role.
- Detailed understanding of reinsurance data, processes, and controls including retention management practices, treaty setup, interpretation, and compliance.
- Proven communication skills with clients and reinsurers.
- Experience in contributing to projects including defining business requirements, forming and executing test plans, and implementing solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- University degree in computer science, actuarial science, finance, or accounting.
- Understanding of reinsurance reserves/valuation processes.
- Proven understanding of administrative reinsurance auditing and data compliance processes.
- FLMI, ACS, or ARA designation from LOMA.
- Proficiency in Visio.
- Proven ability to work with large data sets and complex data flows.
- Basic understanding of most life insurance products written in the North American market.
- Familiarity with reinsurance administration audits and auditing.
- Experience with project management concepts and practices.
- Highly developed client service skills.
Take the time to learn more about us and tell us more about who you are and why we should invite you to the team!
Powered by JazzHR