QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Birchwood Foods, a successful ground beef further processing facility located in Kenosha, has an immediate need for a QA Manager. Primary duties will include:
- Overseeing the operation and function of the QA Technicians and Supervisors
- Maintaining and enforcing programs, procedures, policies and manuals
- Ensuring the safety and quality of incoming raw materials and outgoing finished products
- Meet personnel objectives by planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; providing awareness education, enforcing policies and procedures.
- Meet operational objectives by providing analysis and insight to strategic planning; creating action plans; implementing quality and food safety standards, identifying and resolving problems; analyzing the results of audits and processing data to identify strengths and weaknesses and identify the path to continuous improvement process.
- Design and develop SOP's using the principles of HACCP to assure uniformity of purpose.
- Validate quality processes by reviewing and fine tuning product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; reviewing and critiquing quality assurance procedures.
- Maintain and improve product quality by analyzing and trending the results of product, plant, regulatory compliance, and third-party audits collaborating with other members of management to study and improve process control.
The ideal candidate will have previous quality assurance experience at the managerial level in the meat industry, solid knowledge of USDA regulations and policies, ability to handle customer and global standard audits, verifiable experience in addressing quality and food safety issues from both a corrective and a preventive posture. SPC skills are a plus.
Our Company offers a competitive salary along with a full range of benefits. If interested in this opportunity, please send resume with salary history.
Birchwood Foods is a successful and BRC certified ground beef further processing facility with the Corporate Headquarters located in Kenosha, Wisconsin. We have been in business since 1936 and offer stability and growth opportunities for all our team members.
Role: Quality Assurance Manager
Apply for this job now.