COMPANY: ROBERT HALF
JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: £30,000 - £39,999
Robert Half Technology has been selected to recruit for an Application Support Analyst based in Birmingham, offering an exciting opportunity to become part of their Application Support team.
You will be responsible for working within the Incident, Problem and Change Management Processes and for application products within Level 2/3 support, working with Level 1 service desk teams to ensure First Call Fix is at the highest level possible for their products.
The Application Support Analyst will have a strong technical understanding of configured applications on a wide variety of platforms. They will have knowledge of the application stack and understand application log files and how they relate to the performance of the application or integrating systems.
The Application Support Analyst will work effectively with Key Business Users, Service Desk, Incident, Problem and Change Management, Development Teams and other IT specialist teams to coordinate activities to provide customer satisfaction. In the event that this is not possible they will work within the escalation guidelines to prioritise work and feedback a resolution date to the customer.
The role will require the analyst to have a good all-round knowledge of the applications they support functionally and technically in order to support root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Service Requests, Incident and Problem Management - managing resolution of technical issues found in internal or external systems
- Prioritising numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively managing the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels
- Supporting Change Management - proactive management and implementation of changes
- Diagnosis of issues and identification of root causes
- Provide excellent client communication
- Maintaining configuration documentation for support and functional processes in Level 2/3 knowledge repository up to date and accurate
- Providing knowledge transfer to Level 1 support functions or other Key Business Users
- Capturing Business Requirements (High-Level) and detailing incidents to support the Application Management function to support delivery
- Supporting Project Managers, Business Change, Business Architecture and Centres of Excellence to deliver the support requirement to agreed SLA's and Project Milestones
- Providing support to the Functions when required
- Providing support for environment/infrastructure changes for applications supported
What we are looking for
- Broad range of troubleshooting skills in software functionality, application server set up, database management, data analysis, reporting, operating system configuration, etc
- Experience in maintaining, supporting, configuring and monitoring applications
- All round understanding of the applications, their functions and options required to support them and any interfaces they use
- Experience with Application Monitoring (Log files)
- Knowledge/experience of IIS, SQL and Microsoft applications
- Knowledge/experience with application integrations and middleware, e.g. SFTP, XML, BizTalk, Eden
- Excellent customer service experience in a similar role
- Understanding basic principles of networking, storage, firewalls, servers, and hosts - virtual and on premises
- Knowledge/experience supporting CAFM systems, and any of the following: Maximo, Planet FM and Concept
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX2009/AX2012 and any experience supporting financial systems
- Experience in any of the following: HTML, Sharepoint,
- Some knowledge of Web/Ecommerce developments
- Knowledge of data analysis, and programming technologies, concepts, and techniques
- Personal attributes
- Strong analytical skills
- Good team player, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure
- Flexible, fair and consistent
- Focus on customer service, detail and meeting deadlines
- Excellent organisational, writing and client facing communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical users, both verbally and in writing
- Shows personal motivation and commitment to continuous improvement
- Treats others with respect: is direct but diplomatic, keeps confidences and willing to admit mistakes
- ITIL V3 Foundation (desirable)
- Other IT certifications or qualifications (e.g. MSCA/MSCE)
- BSc in Computer Science would be advantageous
Salary & Benefits
- £30,000 - £35,000 + Competitive Package
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: #.
Role: Application Support Analyst
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Birmingham, England, England
Apply for this job now.