Location: Houston, Texas
Duration: Open Ended
Note: Bachelors Degree is Mandatory
· The main purpose of this role is to negotiate supplier pricing, ideally in the Maintenence, Repair and Operations (MRO)
· Negotiate supply pricing, lead times and delivery terms for assigned tactical spend items from assigned sites
· Work with system data on actual purchases to identify value opportunities to negotiate with suppliers
· Work with the partners and stakeholders to clarify the scope and specs, quality, volume, logistic and delivery requirements for new purchases and get aligned with approaches and results
· Resolves supplier issues as escalated from assigned sites and the Business Process Service Center (BPSC).
· Provides the Purchasing BPSC with the needed information to implement negotiated changes
· Daily tracking & reporting, including status/progress of negotiated requisitions
· College degree with 3 years supplier negotiation experience
· Experience with manufacturing environment preferred
· Experience with MRO purchases preferred
· Negotiation Effectiveness with external suppliers
· Communication and collaboration effectiveness with internal clients/partners.
· Working knowledge of SAP and intermediate Excel skills.
· Ability to resolve supplier related commercial issues for assigned remote sites
· Ability to learn and adapt in a dynamic and challenging environment
· An understanding of industry and market dynamics and their effects upon supply.
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that provides high-quality, flexible staffing solutions to a nationwide client base. We offer a variety of technical services, including contract and project staffing, direct placement, payroll services and co-employment training. At G-TECH, we are dedicated to connecting great people with great places to work.
G-TECH is proud to be a women-owned business certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council and the National Women Business Owners Corporation.
Apply for this job now.