Service Technician – Washington, PA Area
The Service Technician is primarily responsible for performing the activities related to receiving, installing, delivering, and servicing the retail and commercial equipment used by our customers and by our retail store. He/she will assume full responsibilities after completing a training period which will prepare him/her for the specific responsibilities outlined below. The Service Technician will report directly to the Director of Field Operations, who will evaluate job performance in conjunction with the Service Dispatcher.
I. JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
A. Perform Service Operations:
This task involves performing service calls, helping with the spare parts inventory, assisting with the warranty reimbursement process, helping with the financial aspects of the Service Department, and assisting with the information systems that support these activities.
- Prepare for the service call in order to maximize the potential to repair the unit in a single trip. This may involve ordering spare parts to take on-site during the service call, talking with vendor technical support to obtain information, talking with the Director of Field Operations for technical consultation, etc.
- Perform or direct the performance of the service call. Follow up with the Service Dispatcher as appropriate to resolve any issues.
- Assist with the spare parts inventory. This involves developing a spare parts inventory plan with the Service Dispatcher and the Director of Field Operations, receiving the parts, organizing and stocking the parts, and tracking parts usage. This also includes returning defective parts for credit and tracking part returns.
- Assist with the warranty reimbursement process by providing information for the serial number/warranty database.
- Complete and email daily all service paperwork supplied to you by your Service Dispatcher to include service repair orders, and parts used/received forms.
- Interact with information found stored in the service task database. Provide all information so that the Service Dispatcher can ascertain the correct and current status of all service tasks at any time.
- Care for the assets used by the Service Department. This includes proper maintenance of company vehicles and maintenance and replacement of company tools as appropriate under the direction of the Director of Field Operations.
B. Assist with Delivery/Installation Operations:
From time to time, Service Technicians are called upon to assist the Installations Team in making deliveries. This task will involve coordination between the Director of Field Operations and the Service Dispatcher and may involve any of the following responsibilities on the part of the Service Technician:
- Communicate with the Director of Field Operations to identify all delivery and assembly requirements, including which equipment is involved and what timing requirements must be met.
- Communicate with the customer to analyze the logistics of the delivery/installation and to schedule a time that is satisfactory to the customer.
- Assist in determining what personnel, tools, and vehicles will be required to perform the delivery/installation and in scheduling them appropriately, including reserving and coordinating the pickup of rental trucks when necessary.
- Direct and assist in the performance of the delivery/installation. Follow up with the customer and with appropriate salespersons and vendors to resolve any problems that occur during delivery/installation. Help to coordinate the return of rental trucks and to communicate the necessary information to the Service Dispatcher so that correct billing can be ascertained.
C. Assist with Receiving Operations:
Receive or direct the receipt of the shipment. Follow up with appropriate Advantage personnel to resolve any problems that occur with the shipment.
II. SKILL/CHARACTER REQUIREMENTS:
A. Interpersonal/Communications Skills:
The Service Technician must be a strong communicator who works effectively with a wide variety of people, including customers, fellow workers, vendors, and company management. The Service Technician represents the company to our customers and must conduct him/herself in a professional manner at all times. The Service Technician must be capable of working with a small team of people which may be required periodically to accommodate workload demands.
B. Mechanical Troubleshooting/Repair Skills:
The Service Technician must have a strong aptitude for analyzing, assembling, trouble-shooting, and repairing mechanical devices.
C. Electrical Troubleshooting/Repair Skills:
The Service Technician must have a strong aptitude for analyzing, trouble-shooting, and repairing electrical and electronic devices.
D. Physical Strength:
The Service Technician must possess significant physical strength in order to perform the tasks of receiving, delivering, installing, and repairing equipment which often requires lifting and moving heavy objects. This job does involve heavy lifting, up to 150 lbs.
E. Organizational/Planning Skills:
The Service Technician must demonstrate planning and organizational skills in order to assist in the task of scheduling deliveries, assemblies and repairs and to help with the spare parts inventory and with Service Department financial operations.
F. General Characteristics:
The Service Technician must conduct him/herself in a professional manner, must be thoroughly dependable and responsible, and must be careful and attentive to detail.
III. HOURS REQUIRED:
The required hours are somewhat flexible to accommodate the specific scheduling requirements of each week, but the average work week is approximately 40 to 55 hours per week as follows:
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: Hours may occasionally be required.
Sundays: Usually not required
Earlier start times and/or later finish times will be necessary for certain service calls and/or deliveries/installations and to match the operating hours of our customers. Total hours worked may exceed 55 hours from time to time during peak season loading. Occasional overnight trips are anticipated from time to time.
The Service Technician is a non-exempt, hourly, position, (i.e., eligible for overtime), and is eligible for company benefits including health, dental, and 401(k).
Advantage Sport & Fitness, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religious persuasion, political belief, national origin, citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, affectional preference, marital status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions, military status or any other legally protected status. Salary based on qualifications and experience. MILITARY VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Advantage Sport & Fitness, Inc., 2255 N. Triphammer Road, Ithaca, NY 14850 or via email to #removed# Learn more about our company at: #
Advantage Sport & Fitness (ASF), based in Ithaca, NY, is one of the largest and most respected fitness equipment distributors in the United States, growing from a basement start-up in 1987 to the top North American Distributor for Precor. ASF specializes in providing fitness products and solutions to commercial properties ranging from hotels and multi-housing facilities, to high school and university athletic centers.
We have worked hard to cultivate a reputation throughout the industry for quality products, excellent service, and trusted partnerships with many of the industry’s most prestigious brands. The team at Advantage Sport & Fitness is full of hard-working people who take pride in delivering great products and services that help our customers be well and live healthier. With over 90 employees and counting, we are seeking enthusiastic and determined individuals looking to become key members of our growing team.
Role: Service Technician
Apply for this job now.