Our client is a privately owned brand-led consumer international business. In a newly created vacancy, they are looking to recruit an ambitious and talented individual to support the Finance Director. The role encompasses commercial and financial reporting with additional support to sales and marketing. This is an ideal opportunity to gain hands on involvement across all areas of the business in an SME premium brands company.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, with budget analysis (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Analysis, Territory P&L reporting)
- Production of weekly and monthly sales reports – by product,and territory
- Working with Marketing and other team members in assessing the financial implications of initiatives under consideration and developing reporting functionality that supports the team beyond the finance function
- Monitoring and reporting on cashflow and working capital (weekly statement of cash/creditors/debtors)
- Managing stock control process; Reconciling stock balances and valuations (raw materials & finished goods)
- Accurate calculation of monthly Cost of Goods sold across all cost centres and product categories
- Input into quarterly reforecasting and annual budgeting process (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash)
- Regular analysis of marketing and other costs by territory and product variant
- Contributing to improvements of the quality of reporting
- Maintaining an accurate & appropriate control environment
- Contributing to the improvement of controls and procedures (and ensuring these are documented)
- Overseeing debtor control
- Overseeing supplier payments process
- Input into a range of non-financial tasks, including Health & Safety compliance, IT systems development, HR
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA or ACCA)
- Thorough understanding of management information systems
- Previous experience with Sage50 and Excel integrated reporting preferred – also experience of systems implementation
- Excellent spreadsheet and strong technical skills
- This may suit someone looking to make their first move into industry from an accounting practice.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to communicate/interact with people at all levels, and across all business functions
- Committed, self-reliant, hard-working, diligent, honest, precise, accurate, personable
- You should enjoy a hands-on role and have the desire to develop to Finance Director
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.