Our client is looking for an Excess Casualty Underwriter.
This individual would evaluate, analyze and price risk associated with excess liability coverage through distribution from wholesale brokers.
- Determines the acceptability, quality profitability of new and existing business based on company underwriting guidelines and objectives.
- Develop insurance proposals, prepare policies and endorsements, obtain required underwriting approvals where needed
- Ensure underwriting and service standards are met on assigned accounts
- Travel to conduct broker marketing meetings and attend industry events as determined by management
- Contributes to the development of underwriting staff, marketing plans, product analysis, services, geographic focus broker intelligence.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other members of the team to broaden knowledge of the product line and/or technical knowledge of pricing
- Performs related duties as required under Underwriting Guidelines and as requested to include report preparation, presentations, and special projects to assist the excess liability team
Education, Experience, Knowledge Skills:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, marketing skills superior customer service
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a team environment and be flexible to daily changing needs and job duties
- Strong math skills
- Good organization and effective time management
- Self-motivated and independent
Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access and other related software packages
Role: Excess Casualty Underwriter
Apply for this job now.