Company: VECTOR TECHNICAL, INC.
Job Type: Apprenticeship, FullTime
Our client, THE LUBRIZOL CORPORATION, is currently seeking the right people to join their team as HVAC Technician/Electricians!
$22 - $35/hr., dependent upon experience
The Electrician / HVAC Tech will report into the Electrical / HVAC Supervisor and is responsible for performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Use of competencies and skills in the electrical/HVAC field to maintain and repair existing and/ or installing of electrical systems and equipment.
- Will be expected to keep up to date with the latest electrical/HVAC technology and trade methods while demonstrating quality workmanship.
- Promote a positive and professional work environment for department coworkers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Considered a Plus:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited school.
- Trade school or equivalent apprenticeship program certification.
- Minimum one year of electrician experience in the industrial electrical field.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Strong understanding and application of NEC.
- Skilled in all types of conduit layout, bending, and installation.
- Solid computer skills.
- Ability to interpret wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting control circuits.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Proven ability to progress and learn in the electrical and HVAC trade.
- Experience in trouble shooting and repair of single and 3-phase equipment.
- Experience working as a journeyman.
- Knowledge in hazardous location and intrinsically safe writing methods.
- Experience with installation, troubleshooting, and repair of VFD’ s and PLC’ s.
- Certification in Refrigeration & A/C troubleshooting and repair (or working towards certification within 2 years).
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing industrial firing equipment, UPS, and generator systems.
- Solid computer skills, Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Ability to maintain a physically strenuous routine. (climbing, pushing, pulling, and lifting up heavy objects).
- Ability to work in inclement weather and plant environment as needed.
- Ability to work overtime/weekends and call-ins as required.