Are you an experienced Pharmacist looking for a new opportunity to work in a supportive and friendly environment? If so, join our large (132 beds) neurological care centre, Gardens and Jacobs in Sawbridgeworth.
With experience from the NHS or private sector, you'll join the team at Gardens & Jacobs as Pharmacist working 22.5 hours per week over 2/3 days, where you will support the service in changing lives for the better.
You will be responsible for all aspects of running a smooth and efficient pharmacy inpatient service, with duties including:
- Clinical service to units
- Stock control and procurement
- Patient counselling
- Medicines management for the centre and adherence to medicines management policies and procedures
- Other associated pharmaceutical duties including working alongside local retail pharmacy who dispense our medications and education for our staff members
You will be supported by a pharmacy assistant on-site as you play your part in supporting the delivery of 24-hour expert care and rehabilitation for complex neurological conditions and brain or spinal injuries at Gardens & Jacobs.
You will have:
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Degree in Pharmacy
- The ability to make decisions and use your initiative
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and flexibility
- Experience working in a care home setting and familiar with MAR Charts
- Good organisation skills
Where you will be working
Gardens Neurological Centre and Jacobs Neurological Centre have a combined total of 132 beds on the same site in Sawbridgeworth (CM21 0HH), which is on the Hertfordshire and Essex border within easy travelling distance of London and Cambridge.
The two Centres deliver specialist 24-hour nursing and therapy services for people with complex long-term neurological conditions, and brain or spinal injuries who require ongoing support and assistance to maximise functional ability.
Recovery is assisted wherever possible, with emphasis placed on maximising each individual's abilities, comfort and quality of life.
Each service has communal lounges, dining rooms, and all bedrooms have en-suite facilities with over 95% on single occupancy. All rooms are adapted to each resident's requirements according to their assessments and needs.
What you will get
With the Elysium Wellbeing team on-hand to keep you feeling great; be it a chat, massage or group activities, and a huge range of career development opportunities to help you grow and succeed, if you have the aspiration, capability and dedication, we can give you the support and opportunities to help you achieve your career goals.
- Annual salary of £41,178 FTE (22.5 hours a week)
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Subsidised meals and free parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.