Finitor Group Ltd is made up of the following companies:
- Horizon Parking Ltd - car parking management services across over 2,500 car parks nationwide.
- AEJ Management Ltd - facilities management (soft) services including specialist services.
- Gleneagles Project Services Ltd - consultancy services.
Our 400+ colleagues provide a range of services to clients nationwide including Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Co-Op, Premier Inn, Wilko, Iceland, Travelodge, Salvation Army Housing Association, CBRE, Savills and Workman to name a few.
Across the group, we are known for our personalised, high-quality service and support, along with our pragmatic and commercially focused approach. In line with colleague surveys, we are also a great place to work and value the contribution of every individual that works within our business.
As a result of our growth, we are looking for an experienced and well-rounded Groundworks Supervisor who will be responsible for 10 Groundworkers who work on multi-site & small construction / groundworker based projects. The successful candidate will have experience of working within the construction industry at a high level.
This role will be based from our Head Office in Chelmsford, which houses both Horizon Parking and AEJ Management colleagues, although your team will work nationwide in line with business and / or client requirements and as such you will be expected to be on site as and when needed to effectively manage the teams and work to be completed.
What's in it for you?
- £50,000 - £55,000 per annum plus access to company pool vehicle and an attractive company benefits package including:
- 22 days holiday per year (plus Statutory / Public Holidays).
- Birthday day off.
- Health Cash Plan
- Auto Enrolment Pension contributions.
- EAP & Wellbeing services
- Enhanced paternity leave.
- Access to free online training.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
Full responsibilities will include:
- Deliver small civil's projects in line with the company rollout programme.
- Manage a team of 10 team members and/or multidisciplinary contractors where required.
- Ensure works are delivered in line with CDM regulations for managing the health & safety and welfare including:
- - Holding client/contractor pre-start meetings and documenting minutes.
- - Ensuring all necessary work permits are in place prior to starting on site.
- - Ensuring all colleague training which is relevant to the tasks being undertaken is up to date.
- - Holding toolbox talks and maintaining records of talks.
- Writing and producing RAMS using our in house systems.
- Undertake regular workplace and equipment safety inspections for both team members and sub-contractors.
- Ensure all teams have the materials, plant, tools and traffic management equipment to perform all jobs in a safe manor to the standards expected.
- Manage the hiring of tools and plant through third party providers effectively.
- Ensure PPE issuance, hand arm vibration, near miss and accident records are maintained for all colleagues.
- Ensure the progress of jobs are recorded and tracked by photographic records uploaded to teams WhatsApp groups.
- Introduce and maintain a client satisfaction scheme for all works delivered.
- Rollout a programme of monthly toolbox talks.
- Management of PUWER checks.
- Undertake snagging visits with clients on completion of each job and issue a snagging list and follow through with team members and sub-contractors.
- Day to day management and development of team members in line with company policies and handbook including recruitment and selection, induction, timesheets, expenses, investigations and disciplinary hearings, performance management, absence management, training and development and appraisals.
- Work closely with Specialist Services Manager to share resources and cover for Specialist Services Manager when on annual leave.
What are we looking for?
- Have a good understanding of H&S at work regulations 1999 and Construction Design & Management 2015 regulations.
- Hold an IOSH Managing Safely certification.
- Hold a management or supervisors CSCS card.
- Hold a SMSTS or SSSTS CITB certification.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office.
- A full clean driving license as travel across the UK is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and listening communications skills.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A process orientated logical and practical approach to your work.
- Sound commercial awareness.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Have a pro-active and self-motivated approach to your work.
If you believe you have the skills and experience necessary, please apply online today.