Currently recruiting an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to fill a position in Portland, Oregon. The ideal candidate will have 3 years of experience in data analytics and report with software design, development, and maintenance expertise.
Responsibilities of the BI Developer
· Typically work remotely from own home office. However, it may be necessary to work on client locations as well.
· Work with JBC management and employees to design, develop and maintain data repositories, applications, reporting and analysis infrastructure, data load and extract processes, etc. for JBC and JBC clientele.
· Work with all JBC developers and project stakeholders to define, clarify and document requirements.
· Work with JBC developers, architects, and management to define the appropriate solution(s) for meeting project requirements.
· Development and maintenance of ETL processes.
· Contribute to the enhancement of software development procedures.
· Contribute to project planning and management.
· May be required to work on multiple concurrent projects of varying scope and scale.
· Take the initiative to maintain and update skill sets as appropriate for the current job role.
· Work with BI technologies in addition to core application development tools.
· Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Requirements of the BI Developer
· Bachelor's Degree
· Minimum Field of Expertise: Software design, development, and maintenance
· Minimum 3 years of experience in data analytics and reporting
· Strong experience developing with scripting languages such as Unix shell scripting and Python
· Strong experience with SQL and Relational database engineering SQL Server, Hive SQL, Impala, and expert-level SQL abilities
· Experience with agile delivery methodologies in a fast-paced complex environment; Scrum
· Strong ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Experience doing team development with the code stored in source control repositories such as GIT and Microsoft Team System
· Some understanding of common business principles is necessary
· Experience with relational database management systems (RDBMS), particularly the most recent versions of Microsoft SQL Server
· Other RDBMS experience such as Teradata and Oracle is a plus
· Experience using the Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) tools including SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS
· Some familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI is a plus
· Excellent analytical & troubleshooting and remediation capabilities
· Detail oriented individual with the ability to organize tasks and work efficiently
· Must have the legal authority to permanently work in the U.S.
Compensation of the BI Developer
· $70,000 - $85,000 a year
· 401k with an annual matching contribution
· Annual Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 10 days of regular holidays
· Annual Performance reviews
· Partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision reimbursement Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
Role: BI Developer
Apply for this job now.