MULTI-SKILLED TRAILER TECHNICIAN
UP TO £28,000 PER ANNUM
BASED IN CREWE, CHESHIRE
AVAILABLE TO START ASAP?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Multi skilled Vehicle Technician to join an ever expanding company based in Crewe, Cheshire. They are ideally seeking a candidate who has a short notice period or who is available for an imminent start.
As our clients Multi-Skilled Trailer Technician, you will work closely with their Transport Manager, Outbase Managers, Transport Supervisors. The successful candidate will ensure that the operation runs smoothly and that each of their vehicles are maintained to the highest standard and comply with current H&S legislations.
This role will run on a 4 on/4 off shift pattern on a 6am-6pm shift.
On a day to day basis you can expect to be repairing defective vehicles and trailers using the correct methods of repair. Our clients fleet includes light commercial, HGV's, conventional and double decker trailers. You will be required to have a can do attitude to completing work in a timely manner.
The successful applicant will hold a clean driving licence and come from a commercial vehicle / HGV trailer repair background. You will be expected to produce a high quality of work whilst working to tight time schedules.
- To repair trailer curtains with rips and tears
- To repair / replace damaged flooring on HGV trailers
- General repairs to the HGV trailer fleet
- General maintenance of the Logistics fleet - identifying faults, making improvements, keeping accurate records, exceeding demanding quality and safety standards
- To be aware of and adhere to all necessary company standards and Health and Safety procedures
- Recording all repairs and parts that have been used
The ideal candidate:
- Our client requires a qualified commercial body shop technician, ideally with previous commercial vehicle experience. Your experience as a body shop technician will have been spent working with light commercial vehicles, HGV's, conventional and double decker trailers.
- Previous commercial vehicle repair experience required including light commercial vehicles and HGV's.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative, have a thorough approach to your workload along with attention to detail,
- Understanding of vehicle legislation
- Full driving licence required
- Relevant welding qualification
Please call the office team on 01782 712230