Project Manager / Owner’s Representative
Trimark Properties is a Gainesville-based real estate developer and property management firm specializing in high-end housing, office, research, retail, and other niche developments next to the University of Florida. Trimark was founded in 1992 and has experienced steady and purposeful growth through understanding their market, delivering award-winning projects, maintaining and constantly improving their portfolio, and implementing a unique team approach to all aspects of real estate management. Trimark delivers top quality product, service, and sales—along with the time-tested adage of “Location, Location, Location."
Trimark Properties delivers construction projects through a number of vehicles, including a turn-key approach wherein we contract with a general contractors and/or construction manager to deliver a project. Depending on the project size/scope, we also act as the prime contractor, contracting services with subcontractors and suppliers directly.
In addition, every project begins with a vision that is set by the ownership group of Trimark Properties. That vision is then translated into a design and detailed construction documents from which the vision can become a reality.
We are therefore seeking a hard-working, team-oriented individual who can provide oversight to design professionals during the planning/design phase, and then provide oversight during construction either as an Owner’s Representative, overseeing the general contractor / construction manager, or as Project Manager, managing subcontractors and suppliers, including crafting scopes of work, scheduling, project accounting, RFIs, submittals, etc.
This position will work closely with the Director of Construction and Development as well as ownership and other directors, translating vision into reality.
· Manage consultants, including architects, engineers, general contractors, construction managers, or subcontractors / suppliers.
· Develop and proactively manage schedules from project inception through procurement, construction and tenant occupancy.
· Attend meetings, providing direction to consultants, being sure to take detailed minutes that capture that direction for communication to other members of the project team, including ownership.
· Proactively manage all project related accounting, including change orders. This will either entail reviewing general contractor / construction manager applications for payments and change order proposals, or processing subcontractor pay applications and thoroughly evaluating / vetting subcontractor change order proposals.
· 5+ years in the construction industry, either working with, or as a design professional, as an owner’s representative, or as a project manager for a commercial construction contractor.
· Professional, upscale appearance;
· High level of demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy;
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
· Strong organization/prioritization skills; proven ability to consistently meet goals;
· Ability to work well with others, internal and external to the organization;
· Ability to self-manage;
· Well-established relationship with Gainesville-area subcontractors, suppliers and building officials is preferred, but not mandatory.
· Absolutely must be drug-free, smoke-free; must have a clean criminal record and pass a background check and drug-test before hire; must have a driver’s license and clean driving record.
Great Things About This Position:
· Competitive salary plus annual bonus for achieving goals;
· No travel required;
· Excellent, highly trained, and professional team members;
· Join a department that is growing and is open to ideas on improving workflows and processes that will allow each member of the team to be even more successful;
· Trimark Properties is an industry leader and constantly strives to enhance their properties, customer care experience, and overall work environment, making it one of the most successful real estate developers/property management firms in North Central Florida;
To Apply, Submit Cover Letter and Resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Trimark Properties is one of Gainesville's leading real estate development and property management companies. Specializing in upscale student housing and office space within walking distance of UF classes, Trimark is the winner of more than 35 Gainesville City Beautification Awards.
Role: Project Manager
Apply for this job now.