The Engineering Technician is responsible for day-to-day project technical support on Subsurface Utility Engineering projects, including preparing CADD drawings using both AutoCAD and MicroStation. This position reports to the San Antonio Senior Project Manager. This position is an hourly, non-exempt position, and may require working more than 40 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
- Able to successfully request and obtain records from utility owners, per company procedures and utility’s protocol
- Able to successfully call in One-Call 811 tickets, per company procedures and 811 protocol
- Able to obtain permits as needed for project execution
- Abel to prepare engineering documents using AutoCAD and/or Microstation software platforms.
- Able to evaluate client CAD specifications and set up the CAD structure to meet those requirements.
- Able to successfully review and process field data on assigned projects
- Able to perform quantity take offs and assisting in development of client proposals
- Able to prepare drawings for exhibits and reports
- Able to prepare and assemble project deliverable packages
- Able to coordinate with project field personnel and subcontractors (survey, traffic control) as directed by the Project Manager
- Able to manage multiple projects at various stages at any given time (multi-task)
- Able to communicate clearly with other company personnel, including Field Staff, v Clients, Project Managers, and Leadership via telephone and email.
- Able to stay on task, and move to next task with little oversight (self-starter)
- Able to report to work on-time
Additional Job Duties
- Other project related administrative duties as assigned
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Some higher education preferred
- Stable work history, two years of experience in Civil Engineering environment preferred
- Have a working knowledge of both AutoCAD and Microstation software packages and applications. Other applications such as GIS or design software knowledge are a plus.
- Must pass pre-employment drug & alcohol screenings
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Lift between 5 to 25 pounds
- Sit for up to 8 hours
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Time
- Safe Harbor 401k, with Company Match
- Company Paid Medical Health Insurance for Employee
- Company Paid Long Term Disability
- Company Paid $20,000 Life Insurance
- Company Paid Aflac Accident
- Company Subsidized Dental Insurance
- Company Subsidized Vision Insurance
The Rios Group, Inc. provides full Subsurface Utility Engineering services, including horizontal utility mapping and vacuum excavation, to accurately locate existing utilities and identify potential conflicts.
The Rios Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, nation origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, or physical or mental disability.
Role: Engineering Technician
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.