Site or Unit :
Banks O'Dee Care Home
Abbotswell Rd Tullos Aberdeen Aberdeenshire AB12 3AB
Contracted Weekly Hours : 38.5
Banks O'Dee is a purpose built care home registered for 60 beds, providing care for residents with nursing and mental health needs. We also provided respite and palliative care. Our staff provide a high standard of care. The home has a warm and welcoming environment and is well maintained.At Banks O'Dee in Tullos, Aberdeen, our caring team works hard to make sure everyone feels at home.
We're in walking distance of the River Dee and various amenities. Our purpose-built home is designed specifically for the needs of elderly residents.
As the Chef you will lead the catering team to provide nutritious and enticing meals for the residents in our care. You will be responsible for ensuring mealtimes are an enjoyable part of the day, involving residents in preparing and developing menus.
So as a Chef what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Prepare all meals within the home, paying consideration to special dietary requirements and individual request.
- Develop a positive relationship with all residents, staff and other visitors to the home by becoming an integral part of the team.
- Regularly seek feedback from residents and staff in order to continually improve the level of service we offer.
- Maintain a clean hazard free kitchen in order to minimise risks to residents and employees of the home.
- Promote high standards of catering by ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and the kitchen operates in a smooth efficient manner.
- Ensure that the team's skill and knowledge levels are able to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Work safely within company policies, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
In order to achieve this our Chef should have:
An excellent knowledge of food hygiene and food preparation, along with a positive attitude and a desire to deliver the best possible service to the residents in our care. Experience of supervising or leading a team is desirable.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a bespoke development programme, childcare vouchers and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please click on Apply now.
Not ready to
Apply for this job now.