GenCare Staffing Solutions are NOW HIRING REGISTERED NURSES, in Florida, who have specialty backgrounds in the NICU, PICU, CVICU and Med Surg areas of Pediatrics, to staff hospital assignments IMMEDIATELY! To apply, you MUST meet all requirements of the hospital, answer the pre-qualifying questions, then submit your electronic application and upload all required documents, via Bluesky at: #.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or higher nursing degree, required
- Active registered nurse licensure for State of Florida required
- National certification: obtain within one year of eligibility and maintain certification in area of clinical specialty (preferred)
- Minimum of one year of RN experience required, experience in pediatric specialty area, preferred
Following certification must be obtained prior to employment start date
- Valid American Heart Association BLS Certification; must be valid for 90 days post start date.
- NRP certification
Practice of professional nursing" means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied principles of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not be limited to:
(a) The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of
care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of
maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others.
(b) The administration of medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly
licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and
(c) The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of
The Registered Nurse implements the patient care delivery model for the patient and their family.
- Utilize policies, procedures, guidelines, and reliable methods to make clinical practice decisions.
- Independently develop, implement, evaluate, and modify clinical practice matching formal knowledge with critical thinking and nursing skills.
- Collect and interpret complex patient data with clinical events to make clinical decisions to meet individual patient and family needs.
- Recognize and respond to the dynamic situation while sorting out extraneous detail and exercises clinical judgment based on an immediate grasp of the whole picture for the patient population of the assigned clinical area.
- Engage in multidisciplinary collaboration, proactively seek expert consultation, and delegate to other clinicians, as appropriate, while using evidence-based guidelines.
- Demonstrate knowledge seeking behaviors and identify clinical questions. Seek advice, resources, and/or education opportunities to improve patient care.
- Participate in the research process and implement changes in practice based upon the evidence.
- Create a safe, compassionate, supportive, and therapeutic environment for patients, family, and Associates.
- Promote comfort and healing and prevent unnecessary suffering with vigilance, engagement, and responsiveness.
- Develop professional and trusting relationships that facilitate patient/family coping while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
Response to Diversity
- Recognize, appreciate, and incorporate differences into the provision of patient and family centered care, including cultural, spiritual, gender/gender identity, lifestyle, race, ethnicity, linguistic, socioeconomic status, age, developmental, and values.
- Demonstrate effective methods of communication as required to meet the patient and family health care literacy needs.
- Preserve and protect the confidentiality, autonomy, dignity, and rights of patient and families,
- Acknowledge and adapt to the organizational culture and healthcare environment.
Advocacy/ Moral Agency
- Advocate on behalf of patients, families, and Associates while promoting adherence to the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses.
- Act as resource for patients and families working towards resolution of ethical and moral issues. Initiate ethics consult when appropriate.
- Serve as a moral agent in identifying and help to resolve ethical and clinical concerns within and outside the clinical setting.
- Work with patients, families, and Associates in a way that respectfully promotes each person's contributions toward developing and achieving optimal patient and family goals across the continuum.
- Participate in team meetings and discussions regarding patient care and/or practice issues.
- Involve intra- and inter-professional work with colleagues and community.
- Participate in nursing/hospital governance, councils, committees, ad hoc teams and/or initiatives to improve clinical practice and patient care outcomes.
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
- Develop, integrate, and apply strategies across the continuum of care that are driven by the unique needs and strengths of the patient and family.
- Contribute to the development and revision of standards of care policies and procedures.
Facilitation of Learning
- Identify areas of educational needs and facilitate formal and informal learning for patients, families, Associates, and the community.
- Assess patients and family's readiness to learn.
- Utilize patient teaching plans that incorporate evidence based practice and evaluate effectiveness.
- Seek out a mentor to facilitate individual professional growth.
- Serve as a mentor, coach, preceptor, based upon unit needs and individual preferences and/or abilities.
GenCare Staffing Solutions is a Florida based Medical Staffing Agency, that services all 50 states, for your medical/healthcare staffing needs! Visit our site at #removed# for more information about the company, services and employment!
Role: Registered Nurse - NICU/PICU/CVICU/Med Surg
Apply for this job now.