Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Our client a leading global real estate investor are looking to recruit for an Accountant due to significant growth and further expansion in their UK investments.
This Accountant role will be within their student housing portfolio working with the Finance Manager to ensure a smooth accounting function for the assets.
This an unrivalled opportunity for a real estate/property experienced qualified Accountant to join a fast growing but rewarding company who truly look after their employees, offer a great range of benefits and the chance of progression for the right individual.
For this role you will need to be a newly qualified Accountant with up to 2 years post qualified experience (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
Salary is up to £55,000 per annum plus 20-25% bonus.
- Provision of financial accounting, management reporting and business partnering support for the Student Housing real estate components.
- Ensure timely month-end closing and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Oversee the preparation of a range of items, including management reports, financial statements for audit purposes.
- Oversee preparation of documents for tax, budgeting, forecasting and credit review matters.
- Involved in the preparation of financial statement for audit, handling tax matters, budgeting and forecasting.
- Reviewing accounts prepared by property managers, operators and outsourced agents.
- Business Partnering with asset managers
- Performing credit reviews for potential tenants and suppliers
- Providing financial project management support for asset enhancement initiatives and development projects
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Newly Qualified Accountant up to 2 years post qualified experience (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Solid demonstrated accounting experience within real estate/property
- Good knowledge of local accounting standards and IFRS.
- Student Housing experience will be viewed upon favourably
- Experience working with large Excel financial models
- High level of Excel skills and ability to work with large financial models.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interface with colleagues internally and remotely
- Competent working in a fast-paced environment and producing work to a high standard.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- SAP experience would be advantageous.
If you are a newly qualified Accountant with some experience in the Property/Real Estate sector looking to join a rewarding company with great benefits this is not a role for you to miss.
This role does have hybrid working but will be office based 4 days per week.