Temporary to Permanent
September 2021 start
£66.30 to £70 per day
An outstanding SEND department and a mainstream secondary school based in Bath is looking to recruit an SEND Teaching Assistant to join the team from September. The School looks for pro-active, engaging and nurturing team members. They really like Teaching Assistants who have a passion for supporting Special Educational Needs.
- The role is full-time (5 days per week) for the successful candidate
- You will be supporting children with Special Educational Needs in small groups and one to one.
- The School will often take people on a permanent contract after two terms.
- The School offers personal development for all staff members, you will often have the opportunity to attend additional training.
- The head teacher is highly effective and is relentless in her drive for continued improvement.
- The school provides for pupils from the ages 11 to 16 years with autism, social communication difficulties, speech and language needs and complex learning difficulties with associated behaviours.
- The curriculum is presented and supported in a variety of ways. It is practical, functionally based and supports lifelong learning.
- Will have UK classroom experience OR an undergraduate degree OR SEND experience outside school
- Ideally have experience working with children with Special Educational Needs
- PECS, MAKATON, TEACCH or TEAM TEACH would be an advantage but not necessary.
- Excel at building great relationships with pupils and staff
If you are interested in this role or want to find out more, please contact me on the details below and quote "SEND Teaching Assistant". I look forward to hearing from you.