Business Group HighlightsIntelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.Responsibilities
Specific Job Description: The Data Architect/Engineer will support the Customer's organization responsible for supporting a products and intelligence reporting system. This includes providing a requirements and verification engineering to support the delivery of the project goals by:
- Develop the security policy to support the distribution of intelligence reporting derived from sensitive technical collection capabilities to authorized users across the Intelligence Community (IC), and
- Develop/enhance IT platforms for the secure production, coordination and dissemination of sensitive technical intelligence products.
- Develop and refine the concept of operations (CONOPS) for intelligence reporting systems including the production, coordination and dissemination system
- Analyze, verify, document, and maintain system, process, and business requirements
- Write and manage system and program documentation
The Data Architect/Engineer is responsible for the development and documentation of the high-level system architecture, to include identification of major system components and interfaces, and the development of metadata standards, metrics, and trace of reporting back to source collections. The Architect/Data Engineer will work closely with the Chief Architect, Chief Data Officer, data stewards, program team members, and the external software development teams to translate business requirements and operations concepts into a high level systems architecture, identify and specify major internal and external interfaces, and ensure data used in the system is properly marked, controlled, accessed, and managed in accordance with applicable guidelines, and mission needs. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis of business requirements for architectural impacts
- Development of high-level architecture views and descriptions
- Identification and specification of major system interfaces
- Identification of required customer, organization and IC data marking standards
- Development of implementation guidance for applying the required data markings to multiple types of intelligence products
- Coordination with data providers and data stewards on implementation of data markings
- Development of documentation capturing the architecture and data standards
- Development and delivery of engineering briefings to multiple stakeholders.
- This position requires a strong background in the architecture of cloud-based enterprise scale IT systems and metadata standards as used in the IC.
General Job Description: Primarily responsible for leading the development of data models to support business intelligence systems. Provides advanced technical support in the research, experimentation, business analysis and use of systems technology including architecture, integration capabilities and database management. Develops the end-to-end vision and the logical design that translates into physical databases, and how the data will flow through the successive stages involved. Knowledgeable and practices a wider range of data administration skills, often in a Business Process Reengineering context. Participates in strategic data planning, including development and implementation of DA policies, standards, and procedures. Understands data from the perspective of data processing and in the context of different life-cycle phases. Activities may include data quality engineering, metadata consolidation and integration, metamodel development and maintenance, repository management, data warehouse design and data mining, data security administration, and formulation of enterprise-specific data metrics.Qualifications
- 5-10 years' experience in software development, systems engineering and/or support of enterprise-scale IT systems for the IC
- Experience in developing business processes and concepts of operation (CONOPS)
- Experience in requirements development and formal verification
- Experience with architecting systems in AWS, preferably C2S
- Familiarly with current IC metadata standards such as PUBS.XML
- Experience developing formal engineering documentation
- Experience in preparing and delivering technical briefings to senior stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA (or equivalent experience (3 years for Bachelors)) or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a scientific/engineering discipline.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) - provided by Dice