Company: INTERACTIVE CAD SERVICES, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Position: Warehouse Materials Controller/Manager
Position Type: W2 Contract
Position Location: Belle Chasse, Louisiana
The Warehouse Materials Controller/Material Manager receives, inspects, locates, delivers, issues, ships, cycle counts and generally controls the flow of materials from the warehouse to the laydown yard and issues to end user.
Responsibilities may include:
- Verify by visual and technical inspection all incoming purchases in accordance to purchase order specifications and conformance with refining practices which requires color coding, positive material identification, testing, and measuring as specified.
- Tag all incoming materials with bar-coded labels is required for inspection and locating.
- Locate all incoming stock and non-stock materials to appropriate bin locations or specified storage areas after receipt verification via bar-coded tags.
- Determine methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering commodity, temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, and required space.
- Deliver stock and non-stock materials to designated areas via forklift, truck, or walking.
- Pick requested stock materials via electronic pick lists or verbal, emergency requests.
- Delivery to specified areas may be required.
- Picking is completed manually, in accordance to weight/body limitations, order picker, hand truck, or forklift.
- Issue material to end user with correct documentation.
- Ship out repairable materials or nonconformance receipts via vendor trucks, hot shots, UPS, airfreight, or motor freight in accordance with specified procedures i.e., MSDS, bill of ladings, return authorizations, approved purchase orders, and approved vendor/manufacturer's listings.
- Count in accordance with specified area procedures to assure accurate inventories.
- Compile and reconcile exception reports based on discrepancies due to shortages, overages, damages, or system inaccuracies.
- Requisition stores stock materials on an emergency basis.
- Requisition non-stock related inventory items periodically.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- Strong Computer skills
- Working knowledge of Inventory Systems such as SAP
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must have Ability to operate a fork-lift and be certified or certifiable.
- Know and observe safe work practices.
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card.
- Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at #removed#/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm
- Must be willing and able to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation, with the following:
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE)? Work outside in harsh weather conditions.
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and able to adjust focus, in particular when operating forklift and order picker.
- Working knowledge of computerized inventory tracking systems such as SAP.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Experience in warehousing or storekeeping
Powered by JazzHR