Company: METROPOLITAN THAMES VALLEY
Job Type: Apprenticeship, PartTime
Salary: £40,883 per annum, Inc benefits
MTVH are seeking to recruit a number of indiividual's who can provide end user 3rd line Technical support in accordance with the achievement of all applicable Service Levels, Customer Satisfaction scores, and KPI’s and to be an active escalation point for 1st and 2nd line engineers.
Please be advised that for contractural purposes, any offers made will state that your office based is "The Johnson Building, Farringdon"
Salary for this role will be paid at £40,883 + Benefits
What you'll need to succeed
Working with the Service Desk Manager and the Infrastructure Team, ensure the delivery of day to day support to the organisation’s users, covering servers, network, applications, desktops, laptops, telephony, and mobile devices.
On a rota basis, undertake routine daily checks and maintenance and act as the 3rd line escalation point of contact in resolving user and technical issues.
Proactively undertake the day to day delivery of Infrastructure Service Desk operations. This will involve providing hands-on support to users, as well as back-end troubleshooting of servers and network. Front-end support includes thin clients, PCs, laptops, smart phones and tablets; VOIP telephony, MFDs; and various applications in addition to MS Office.
Maintain a pro-active role in monitoring all requests, incidents, and problems, having complete visibility on the Infrastructure Service Desk.
Respond to Service Desk phone calls/tickets as needed, focusing on 3rd line tickets and activities, and taking on tickets escalated by the 1st/2nd line Infrastructure Technicians. Escalate when necessary to the Service Desk Manager.
Contribute to the maintenance and documentation of the infrastructure estate: records of builds, hardware, licences, systems configurations, change requests, systems, and processes.
Undertake change management of the infrastructure estate
Work an out of hours shift if asked to, compensated by corporate company guidelines.
Undertake infrastructure project work and continuous improvement activities as part of the annual work plan
Management of relationships with third parties and suppliers.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high quality services to our customers we will complete a basic background check with the Disclosure and Barring service once an offer of employment is made.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional 'Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit - interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively 'Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.